At Wineplus we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a pleasant and safe shopping experience with us. This policy outlines in general terms how we collect, store and disclose your information under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Information We Collect
The personal information may include your full name, email address, mobile phone/and or home phone, billing and postal address, the contact details of the recipient, you provide when placing an order with us, or signing up for information from us.
We will also require you to confirm your age, and that of the order’s recipient as being 18 years or over in the case of alcohol sales online.
How we Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you purchase our goods, sign up to receive our emails or other communications, or otherwise interact with us.
When you provide personal information to us by completing a purchase from our website, or by requesting information from us, we imply that you consent to our collection of that information to carry out the transaction and/or respond to the request. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How We use your personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- With your consent, send you news and information about our products and specials which we believe may be useful and of interest to you.
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business (e.g. complying with legal requirements in relation to the sale of alcohol).
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To profile the type of people accessing the Website including analysing trends and statistics by using Google Analytics.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways: With our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as sending emails to our customers. We do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- To confirm legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the Law.
- To enforce our rights under these terms and conditions.
- By filling in the newsletter subscription form with your information, you have given consent to be sent our newsletter. You can of course at anytime unsubscribe.
Except as set out above, we will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party; or make any other use of your personal information for any purpose which is not (directly or indirectly) or incidental to your use of this Website. For the avoidance of doubt, your personal information will not be used for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect. Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but in such circumstances, we would ensure that individuals would remain anonymous.
How we hold your information
We hold your personal information in electronic files. We use third party information system providers who store and may have access to your personal information. When you place an order through the Website, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send the Website.
The Website uses SSL technology that scrambles all confidential data entered by you, such as payment details and address information, before being supplied and decoded by our payment and hosting providers when you place an order, look for the SSL security padlock in the address bar. Paystation is our gateway provider for credit card payments. They are fully PCI-DSS compliant. Their website’s security policy page is: https://www2.paystation.co.nz/information-pages/privacy-policy
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. It is essentially your identification card for your visit; and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by our site. The Website may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are:
- To improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don’t have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preference for your next visit to the site.
- To gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability
- To enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from Wineplus.
- We use third party vendors like Google, to show you advertisements on sites across the internet. Specifically, we use Google AdWords Remarketing to display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the website you have viewed. We do this by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in a way identify you or give access to your computer – it is simply used to say “this person visited this page, so therefore show them ads related to that page”.
We only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. Accordingly, if you receive promotional material from us but would prefer not to receive such information, please unsubscribe using the link in the email which we sent you (see the bottom of the email). If you unsubscribe from receiving promotional material, you will still receive order confirmation emails for any orders placed by you using your email address. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or post with questions for information regarding your order.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information. Please do not hesitate to contact our office.
+ 64 3 321 7491
“I just wanted to say thank you very much – my parents were absolutely delighted with the presentation of the wine/box/ribbon etc, I was delighted that they were delighted, and very impressed with your service all round.
We use delicious, local, artisan products and partner them with fine New Zealand wines to create a range of gift boxes that your colleagues will truly appreciate.
With Wineplus you can make your own selection of wine, whisky or port to accompany your gift box, allowing you to tailor this important part of the gift.
Each gift is beautifully packaged in a wooden gift box, with tasting notes for the wine and your personal message included.